HP e3000 End of Life Information
The good news: Pivital Solutions continues to support any version of MPE you choose to run and can provide hardware support for any model HP e3000. Nevertheless, here is the end-of-life information from HP to help you make an informed decision about future support for your e3000.
The end-of-life for the HP e3000 platform was announced by HP in November of 2001. The official announcement is available at:
Key dates from Hewlett Packard for the HP e3000 and MPE/iX:
- 11/01/2003 - HP discontinued HP3000 sales
- 12/31/2006 – End of Support from HP for MPE/iX 6.5, 7.0 and MPE/iX 7.5. At this time, no additional patches for MPE/iX 6.5 will be made available but phone in support will continue to be offered.
- 12/31/2006 -End of Hardware Support from HP for 9x8, 9x9, 99x, A-class and N-class
- Software support for MPE/iX Release 6.5 extended from December 31, 2008 to December 31, 2010.
- World Wide End of Support on December 31, 2010.
All other versions of MPE and HP e3000 hardware not listed above are no longer supported by HP.